Whether your eyebrows are too thick or you’d like to balance them out to create the desired shape, waxing could be right for you. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the benefits of getting a professional eyebrow wax.
Using eyebrow wax is a faster, easier alternative to plucking or tweezing when eyebrow shaping. Knowing how to use the wax properly, however, is the key to a great look without unnecessary hassle.Check out eyebrow tattoo page which has everything you might need near you.
About Waxing the Eyebrows
Waxing eyebrows is a longer-lasting method of brow shaping than tweezing or threading, but the biggest downside of this process is the pain. Rather than pulling out one stray hair at a time, nearly every hair is removed at once, a process that also strips the uppermost layer of skin cells and can be excruciating. This is especially true for individuals unaccustomed to wax treatments.
On the other hand, the pain is temporary and is easily soothed, and the results last far longer and stay smoother than with other hair removal methods.
Before waxing, it is essential to review the different types of wax available and investigate their ingredients for potential allergic reactions. With the right product, waxing can be comfortable, but it is also vital to use the proper method to avoid catastrophic results.
Nothing beats the look of a well-defined eyebrow with the perfect arch. They’ve become a big focal point in the beauty industry in recent years, leaving many women wondering exactly how to get the best look for their brows.
There are some pretty strong opinions out there as to which method is best. Here at Urban Vanity, we’re fans of waxing and happy to offer it as one of our beauty services in Brantford.
Eyebrow waxing is a quick and efficient way of removing hair from around your brows to achieve the desired thickness, shape and arch.
What is Eyebrow Waxing?
Eyebrow waxing involves applying a thin layer of hot wax over the hairs that need to be removed. A narrow strip of paper and some gentle pressure is applied on top of the resin, then quickly pulled away, bringing the eyebrow hairs with it.
After repeated practice, most individuals who wax their own eyebrows develop techniques that work best for them. The necessary steps of using wax to shape and form eyebrows are as follows (Note: Always read all manufacturer’s instructions before beginning the procedure):
- Wash the eyebrow area carefully to remove all makeup, oil, and dirt that could prevent the wax from adhering properly. The numb area with ice if desired.
- Determine the desired brow shape by using a photograph or examining brows in the mirror. Step back from the mirror to gain perspective on what the look will be from several feet away, and use a brow pencil to outline the preferred shape. Eyebrow stencils are available to help create symmetrical, even bodies.
- Heat the wax to its recommended temperature for optimum results. Note: Heated wax can be very dangerous if it accidentally comes in contact with the eye. Never overheat wax or burns may result.
- Comb brows carefully with a brow brush or toothbrush, following its natural shape and hair growth.
- Use a toothpick or similar item to part the brow along with the desired shape.
- Apply wax carefully in the same direction as hair growth to keep the brow smooth. Apply small amounts of resin to minimize drips and maintain control as well as to avoid removing too much hair initially.
- Press linen strip(s) to wax firmly and wait several seconds for the wax to adhere.
- Pull skin taut and remove strips quickly, pulling in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat as necessary to remove all hair for the desired shape.
- Use tweezers to pluck stray or too-short hairs that the eyebrow wax did not remove.
- Clean brow area to remove any leftover wax that could clog pores or cause ingrown hairs.
What are the Benefits of Eyebrow Waxing?
More extended Regrowth Period Saves Time and Money.
Waxing removes the hair right from the root, which means it takes longer to grow back. In fact, eyebrow waxing only needs to be done every three to four weeks.
- Hair is slow to re-grow: Since waxing pulls out the eyebrow hairs in their entirety, regrowth is more likely to take a long time. This is because the hair is removed from the root, and not just partially plucked using tweezers or shaved down with a trimmer. With the heart gone, more time is required for a new source to re-grow, usually a few months after waxing. Another upside to getting an eyebrow wax in Anchorage, AK is that your brows keep their original shape for longer after a single treatment.
You may think that plucking your eyebrows saves time because it doesn’t involve a trip to the beauty bar. But when you compare one 15-minute appointment each month to all the time you spend with your tweezers…is it faster?
A Red Carpet Worthy Brow Shape
Jaw-dropping brows aren’t just for celebrities; eyebrow waxing is an excellent way to achieve perfectly shaped and sculpted brows. Unlike other methods it makes sure to remove all of the desired hairs, you can make both subtle or dramatic changes, and it lends itself well to creating that dramatic, well-defined brow that is so looking good these days.
Gives your eyebrows a good shape: Next to thinning out thick brows, shaping your eyebrows to complement your face is the top reason for getting a wax. Waxing is the preferred method over-tweezing for brow shaping because the wax is strategically applied to hairs to get the desired shape time and time again. The hairs covered in wax are the only ones removed, leaving the others to play a part in enhancing your facial appearance. You may want to consider scheduling an appointment with a professional to get the best results.
Better yet, when you get your eyebrows professionally waxed, you’re not leaving things to chance. Your technician will work with you to determine what will work best for your face, understand your preferences, and make that perfect arch a reality.
Tame Your Thick, Bushy Eyebrows
When you get your eyebrows waxed, the hair tends to grow back slightly softer and thinner. Over time, if you keep up with waxing, your dense, coarse eyebrows will become a thing of the past.
Beyond the thickness of the hair, waxing also helps the hair grow back into your desired shape and direction. Who knew waxing doesn’t just get rid of unwanted hairs but gradually affects how the hair itself grows?! Pretty sweet, if we do say so ourselves.Want to know more about our eyebrow tattoo services?
Tweezing at home, or even a DIY wax job, often results in an overzealous approach that leaves behind too-thin brows and an arch that’s not quite right. Eyebrow threading is another popular choice but requires a highly skilled technician, or you might not be happy with what you see. Waxing gives a predictable, pleasing result that won’t leave you with a permanently surprised expression or considering long bangs to cover them up!
The Pain Only Lasts a Few Seconds
Let’s be real, there can be some pain involved in waxing, and some people are more sensitive than others. Plucking and threading involve their type of problem and take longer to complete, while waxing gets it over within just a few seconds.
We’d all prefer a pain-free way of getting that perfect arch, but given the options, I think we can all agree that waxing is the lesser of these necessary evils.
Hair grows back softer: If you shave your legs, then you probably notice how scratchy, pokey and itchy they get as the hairs attempt to grow back. Shaving only removes the exposed portions of the strands, not the roots, and the hair wants to protect itself. Thus, leg hair tends to re-grow thicker. Luckily for you, waxing promotes a softer brow hair regrowth. This is especially beneficial when it comes to keeping eyebrow hairs at bay. The hairs grow back slower, thinner and more delicate, so you can create the defined look and shape you would prefer.
- Positive effects on new growth: Look at your eyebrows closely in a mirror, and you’ll notice that they are not identical, nor are the hairs all growing in the same (or the “correct”) direction. With waxing, you can expect the follicles to begin re-growing in the right direction and forming a nice, natural brow line automatically in as little as two wax treatments. So, while shaping the brows is a prime reason for getting your eyebrows waxed, training the hairs to re-grow in a more controlled manner is another.
- Less pain involved: You will experience a lot less pain when you get your eyebrows waxed by someone who knows what they are doing. The wax is only applied to the hairs that are to be removed, and then, using a cloth strip, the hairs are pulled off quickly and relatively painlessly. Aside from a little redness, there are no side effects like swelling or bruising.
Home or Salon Treatments
Beauty salons frequently offer eyebrow wax treatments, and because waxing in the mirror can be tricky, a salon treatment may be faster, more efficient, and yield better results than home treatment. Eyebrow treatments are among the least expensive beauty treatments, frequently costing less than $15, and a professional’s expertise can help minimize pain and discomfort.
On the other hand, performing the treatment at home allows more experimentation, and it ultimately costs less than repeated salon visits. Individuals who have never waxed before may want to indulge in one or two salon treatments first, however, to gauge the effectiveness of different techniques before attempting it on their own.Our exclusive range of eyebrow tattoo services will help you in eyebrow microblading, feathering or hair stroke eyebrow tattooing procedures.
When to Avoid Waxing
Individuals with susceptible skin or who are sensitive to pain should consider avoiding wax treatments altogether. Furthermore, individuals with unsteady hands will not want to wax their own brows for fear of noticeable mistakes or accidents with the heated wax. Waxing should also not be attempted if the skin is sunburned or if there are ingrown hairs, cuts, or blemishes that could be painfully exacerbated by the wax.
A proper eyebrow wax treatment can create a stunning new look in just a few minutes. While this treatment may not be for everyone, it can help many people achieve startling results for relatively little expense, time, or trouble.
We hope by now you’re sold on how waxing is the best way to get the perfect eyebrows. Before you go and book your appointment, we want to make sure you’re aware of a few things to think about or discuss with your technician before you relax and let her work her magic.
Check out our range of eyebrow tattoo services to help with your problems.
If you have sensitive skin, discuss this with your technician before she gets started so that she can choose the right wax for your skin. Make sure to keep your eyebrows moisturized in the days after the appointment to prevent dry or irritated skin. Soft, supple skin will also make future waxing even easier!
Waxing can also make the skin sensitive to UV rays for a few days, so if possible, plan your appointments around times where you’ll be out in the sun for extended periods. Let’s not make that post-waxing redness last any longer than it needs to!