This was harder than I thought.
It is essential to follow our aftercare instructions, and no one else’s. This includes using only the products we have advised or given you for optimal healed results. Additionally, a touchup session must be booked within 4 to 8 weeks from your initial meeting to further perfect your new brows.It turns out that I wasn’t allowed to get my eyebrows wet for an entire week.
Rach’s Cosmetic salon in Mt Eliza is a tattoo and semi permanent make up salon.
What Happens During The Eyebrow Tattoo Healing Process?
The healing process following an Eyebrow tattoo service is one incredible Scientific journey. The eyebrow tattoo healing chart sums up what to expect in the days to come, sometimes less, other times, slightly more dramatic. This all depends on your skin type, sweat factor, and if you correctly follow the aftercare instructions as given by Eye Art Studio.
Our Aftercare instructions have been studied, researched, tried, tested and approved, and are found to yield the best results for our clients. Cosmetic Tattoo procedures are expensive investments and should be treated correctly through post-care.
As shown in this chart, unusual changes will take place; the healing process can take up to 4 weeks for the final healed result to show, at which time, further improvement and refining can be added at touch up.
Aftercare is crucial; it is essential to follow these instructions for the full ten-day healing period to ensure proper healing and colour retention. Results will vary for all individuals, and we can not guarantee your results.
Cosmetic tattoos take between 4-6 weeks to heal fully. At this time, you may receive your touchup if any colour has faded, or if you would like to add more definition to your tattoo.
After the topical anesthetic wears off, you may feel some tenderness on and around the tattooed area. You may also experience slight swelling and redness the day of your procedure; this is normal and typically fades within 24-48 hours. At this point, you may take Tylenol if you feel any pain, but avoid Aspirin or Ibuprofen as it can cause blood thinning.
APPROXIMATE HEALING SCHEDULE BY DAY:
Remember that healing is a process. PLEASE BE PATIENT. Your brows will change and appear different day by day as it goes through this process. THIS IS NORMAL.
DAY 1 – Post Treatment – Same Day
- Stay away from any Caffeine or Alcoholic drinks for the next 24 hours if possible
- Gently but firmly blot the eyebrow tattoos with a dry, clean tissue every 30 minutes to absorb excess fluid and lymph build-up until bedtime
- Before bed, wash the eyebrow tattoos with a sanitary cotton pad and cold water, blot dry with a fresh tissue
- NO skincare product around the eyebrow tattoo areas (for two weeks)
- NO facial skincare products containing retinol, AHA, vitamins A, C and E agents
- NO working-out or activities that involve excessive sweating (for the next five days)
- Sleep with a clean pillowcase, on your back rather than stomach or sides (for two weeks)
- You can shower or shampoo as per usual, keeping the water temperature as fresh as possible
- Blot the eyebrow tattoos dry with a clean tissue whenever they get wet (for two weeks)
- NO makeup on or tightly around the eyebrow tattoo areas (for five days)
- Avoid touching the eyebrow tattoos with unclean hands or at all
- Do not stress over the size of your new eyebrow tattoos today; the volume will also shrink throughout the healing process
Day 2-5 Post Eyebrow Tattoo Treatment
- Twice a day, wash the eyebrow tattoos with a clean pad and cold water, then blot dry with a fresh tissue
- If scabbing is starting to form, absolutely no scratching, peeling or pulling the scab or skin off your eyebrow tattoos – in doing so, you will risk removing the pigments from underneath the delicate new skin surface
- If the eyebrow tattoo areas get too dry or itchy, a tiny rice grain-sized of Bepanthen may be applied on each brow tattoo – it is essential not to over saturate the areas with oil or cream. Only apply Bepanthen on dry skin.
- DO NOT use any other cream, oil or ointment not recommended by Eye Art Studio directly on your eyebrow tattoos
- On the 2nd day following the procedure, your eyebrow tattoos may still be at their darkest, do not fret, stress or worry, the healing process means that there’ll be approximately 30% of pigment colour loss
Day 6 and Beyond – Post Eyebrow Tattoo Treatment
- Continue to follow applicable after instructions
- At this point, it is essential to book your touchup appointment with your Artist if not already done so, as the 2nd session is the most vital session to complete your Eyebrow Tattoo procedure, and it is when the magic truly happen.
Also Have A Look At Rach’s Cosmetic eyebrow feathering Services
WHAT TO EXPECT
- DO NOT expect your brow tattoos to heal correctly after the first session. This is a 2 step, sometimes multiple-step process. It takes time.
- BE PATIENT during your two-week healing process your brows will change and appear different from day to day, THIS IS NORMAL.
- Immediately after your procedure, eyebrows will look darker and more defined, and this will last up to 2 weeks. Your brow tattoo can appear more trustworthy, hair strokes may seem to disappear, and it may look wet and painted on. THIS IS NORMAL.
- Around days 4-5, you will experience scabbing, and your brows may look dry and flakey. DO NOT PICK your scabs, let come fall off naturally. If scabbing gets picked off prematurely, missing hair stokes will result and cause patchy brows.
- Your brow tattoo will take up to 6-8 weeks to fully heal. When the scabbing comes off, the hair strokes may seem faint this is because a fresh layer of skin has improved over the brow tattoo. Give your brows a few weeks, and the hair strokes will become more evident.
- You may experience itchiness in the eyebrows after the ten days for up to 2 months due to the healing process of the dermal layer.
- Not everyone’s hair stroke brows can heal clean and crisp. Hair strokes for oilier skin types tend to improve more substantial and powdery, while drier skin types tend to treat more crisp and defined. Also, for those who bleed more may tend to need more touchups as the blood pushes the pigment out while we tattoo.
Eyebrows will appear bolder immediately after the procedure. This is common in all Permanent Makeup applications. They will begin to soften up typically within 3-30 days.
The first 2-4 days after your brows will be 20-40% darker & bolder than your healed result. Slight swelling may occur. The top layers of skin will shed during the first week after and you will see a loss of colour; this is a typical result. The area will begin to oxidize and darken over the 1st month.
Day 3, your eyebrows may begin to feel slightly itchy, it’s essential not to scratch or pick at them!
30- 40 days out, the results will be visible.
It is common to have areas fade more than others; this is part of the healing process and will be addressed at the recommended touch up an appointment with Face & Brows.
Antacids, thyroid and anxiety medications have been reported as interfering with permanent makeup either by affecting retention or shifting the pigment to an undesirable tone. Remember, everything we eat and drink has its chemical structure, and the electron ends that are unattached or free may get attached to other compounds inside the body, forming a new molecule that may show a different colour spectrum. With that info, an educated client may have better expectations and know that she/he may need more frequent adjustment than others.
As the area around the eye is sensitive, swelling or reddening may occur; you may want to postpone social plans for a few days. Please avoid these procedures at least a month before important life events such as weddings; methods may take longer than expected to be complete under some circumstances.
The better condition your skin is in, the better the final result will be. Mature clients may need an additional one to two weeks healing for the final results to appear. The better you take care of your skin and protect it from UV rays, the better the outcome and lifespan of the permanent cosmetic procedure.
LONG TERM CARE
- Use a good sunscreen. Sun exposure will fade your Cosmetic eyeliner tattoo
- If you are planning a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your permanent cosmetics. Laser light therapy can darken, light and distort the pigment
- The use of RetinA/Tretinoin or any other rapid skin exfoliation products used regularly on the forehead will cause permanent makeup to the eyebrow area to fade prematurely
- The use of chemical peels and acid peels usually on the forehead region can also cause eyebrow tattoos to fade prematurely.